Saturday, November 10, 2012

Currently Reading: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

I have always wanted to read this book--there's so much controversy surrounding it, yet when you open the book, it reminds me so much of Diary of Wimpy Kid or Dear Dumb Diary. The illustrations are humorous, silly and child-like in the same manner of these two stories. However, the issues that the main character faces (like having only 1 day to have ten(!) teeth pulled or only one kind of glasses to choose from--ugly ones) on the "rez" aren't funny at all.

I'm only on the first 2 chapters and I've been really slow reading novels recently. I think it's because I have a lot on my mind.

So... more about the book later, but so far, I'm liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment